Satisfaction
It seems that us women are rarely satisfied with our bodies. We're either too fat, too thin, have a little extra here there... I find myself in the 'I have a little extra there' category. I am aware that I am fit but could use a little push to make my workouts more efficient and to change my diet. Seing as my motivation has been down to a ultimate low lately I had the easy idea of signing up for a personal trainer at my gym.
Yesterday, excited at the idea of being lean, I walked into my gym to meet with a personal trainer. I was told that I have 26% body fat which is normal but could be better for my body. The range for my height and age is 21 to 31. I realize it is a little high and he starts telling me that hard work would pay off and bring me down to a 21 which would make me very lean. What he was saying to me was like music to my ears. Of course I fell for it and decided to sign up. It felt good and promising until I saw the price. For 36 sessions, it would cost 1500$. He spoke of an easy payment plan and again I fell for it.
Shortly after leaving the gym, I called to get support and approval. Who better to that than my mother. She agreed that it was steep but that it was my choice. After 20 minutes of complaining how this had been an impulse purchase and crying to her that I simply couldn't afford this with every other bill I had right now, I decided to walk over my shame and do what I had to do. I called the gym and asked to cancel my contract. Thankfully, there is such a thing as 10 days moneyback garanteed. Of course, he tried to talk me into less sessions to lower the price but after sleeping on it I realize I can do this on my own. I will walk in there today to cancel completely. I will change my diet because I know I'm doing it wrong and I will change my routine and find people to motivate me for FREE!
A personal trainer would of been a perfect solutions obviously but is it really worth all that money ? I do want to feel better about myself but doing it by myself is possible, I just need to believe in myself.
Yesterday, excited at the idea of being lean, I walked into my gym to meet with a personal trainer. I was told that I have 26% body fat which is normal but could be better for my body. The range for my height and age is 21 to 31. I realize it is a little high and he starts telling me that hard work would pay off and bring me down to a 21 which would make me very lean. What he was saying to me was like music to my ears. Of course I fell for it and decided to sign up. It felt good and promising until I saw the price. For 36 sessions, it would cost 1500$. He spoke of an easy payment plan and again I fell for it.
Shortly after leaving the gym, I called to get support and approval. Who better to that than my mother. She agreed that it was steep but that it was my choice. After 20 minutes of complaining how this had been an impulse purchase and crying to her that I simply couldn't afford this with every other bill I had right now, I decided to walk over my shame and do what I had to do. I called the gym and asked to cancel my contract. Thankfully, there is such a thing as 10 days moneyback garanteed. Of course, he tried to talk me into less sessions to lower the price but after sleeping on it I realize I can do this on my own. I will walk in there today to cancel completely. I will change my diet because I know I'm doing it wrong and I will change my routine and find people to motivate me for FREE!
A personal trainer would of been a perfect solutions obviously but is it really worth all that money ? I do want to feel better about myself but doing it by myself is possible, I just need to believe in myself.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home