Beneath an orange sky...

There is this hunger This restlessness inside of me And it knows that you're no stranger You're my gravity My hands will adore you through all darknesss aim They will lay you out in moonlight And reinvent your name For I am wanting you And I am needing you here I need you near Inside the absence of fear (Jewel)

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Girl's night

I have neglected this blog, almost two weeks now. Uneventful two weeks though. Last night was the first fun night in a long time. After being forced to stay home the past two weekends because of my stomach problems, I decided that I needed to hang out with the girls.

I don't have a specific groups of friends. It's a mixture of characters, of origins and of where I met them. Last night, 3 girls from my work as guide(all very different), a girl from back home, a girl I met through a friend and my best friend who is my everything. It started with some cooking on my part and then some cooking of a pasta dish which was a success. The ladies slowly started to arrive at my apartment which looked great after all the cleaning I had done the night before. Food started envading my table and as the last person arrived we all digged in. Obviously, like all pot lucks ever held, there was way too much food but all was oh so delicious. To top the meal, we devoured the strawberry rhubard pie and chocolate cheesecake muffins.

Following the feast, we did the usual girl night talk and then proceeded to watching an all time classic chick flick : The Way We Were with Barbara Streisand and Robert Redford.


None of us had seen the film and after 2 hours, there were mixed reactions to it. Some really didn't like it, some thought it was depressing and some (like me and Terri) enjoyed it a lot. I was a little disapointed that it wasn't appreciated as much as I thought it would be but not everyone enjoys the old movies. I'll know for next time.

Nonetheless, it was a great night; food, good conversations, a lot of laughs, and a great girl movie. Everyone left happy and thankful to have been invited. For me, it was just what the doctor ordered. I had fun and I realized that I do have great girl friends. Often times I feel lonely and like I have lost touch with most of the people I care about. We are all just busy, starting our careers, investing time in our love relationships and following the adult world routine.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:06 PM , Blogger Matt said...

    Hello!

    I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

    Sincerely,

    Matt

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home