Beneath an orange sky...

There is this hunger This restlessness inside of me And it knows that you're no stranger You're my gravity My hands will adore you through all darknesss aim They will lay you out in moonlight And reinvent your name For I am wanting you And I am needing you here I need you near Inside the absence of fear (Jewel)

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Birthdays and engagement party

It was a weekend filled with fun, laughter, emotions and lots of alcohol ;) Friday was my 25th birthday and I got to spend it with my closest friends (except Terri couldn't make it because of the storm). At the beginning of the week I sent out an invite email to close friends instead of my usual mass email to everyone I know in Ottawa. Answers came in here and there and by friday I was made aware of friends who aren't so close anymore. A guy I use to think of as my best guy friend didn't even aknowledge my email or my birthday for that matter. A girl I travelled with and considered a close friend did the same. It was somewhat hurtful but as I sat at the restaurant friday night with about 15 people there to celebrate me, I was looking at those who thought I was worth it. I know some people had other plans or were sick (which was understandable) but those who didn't even make an effort proved to me that I shouldn't try so hard anymore. It sounds shallow but there have been other times like these that have brought me to this conclusion; my birthday was just the tip of iceberg.

With all my good friends that came out, I had an amazing time; probably the best birthday in a very long time. The whole day was just perfect. I had great decorations in my office, a card signed by all my co-workers, warm wishes and hugs from many, flowers from my love, more cards and hugs from friends and great laughs and some dancing. I couldn't of asked for a better day.

Last night we celebrated a great couple's engagement and love. It made me think of my future and how I hope to get there some day. Although I'm not hoping for an engagement ring any time soon, I'm looking forward to more stability with Joe, sharing our life differently than right now. I love him very much and want to share a home with him, come home to him every night, wake up to him every morning, the little things...

This weekend was full of realizations and will certainly affect how my future unfolds...

(I'll be posting pictures of my birthday soon...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home